Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Ukrainian Pre-School Update

I must say, I was nervous about sending S to pre-school, but it has been a great experience for her.
The #1 best thing: she is speaking SO much more Ukrainian. Granted, she will only speak to Tato (aka Mike) in Ukrainian, but her vocabulary has increased by 100%- no kidding. And... It has only been 4 weeks. And... she doesn't even go every day (and when she does go it is never more than 2 hours and 45 minutes). Amazing. 
I need a Russian pre-school to attend.


Fedya and I getting ready to pick up Solomiya while Mike is at work. I use the baby wrap because we take the bus home. Much easier than making a 3 year old walk home after a busy morning!

Fedya is ready to go- protected from the sun. Yes- it was 80 something degrees that day, but if I had not put a hat on him, I would have been stopped by every babushka I passed asking where his hat was...

He sleeps by the time we get to the school.

After school photo shoot.

It continues. But, it does give you an idea of what it looks like inside.


And- riding the bus home. There is one bus stop right in front of our apartment building and only one bus that stops there: the #7. Convienently, the #7 also stops next to S's kindergarten! So, we pay 3r (about .23 cents) to ride the bus for less than 5 minutes from her school to our building. It is awesome. Unfortunatly, we cannot ride the bus to school as it does not travel in the opposite direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment