Sunday, May 27, 2012

french toast and fresh strawberries...

Update from Mike's facebook:

May 26th:
 "Doing last minute preparations for a sermon I'm preaching tomorrow. I'll be talking about the Jewish feast of Shavuot (celebrated in Israel on 26 May this year) and its connections to the Pentecost events described in the Book of Acts, Chapter 2. Keep me in your prayers!"

May 27th:

"Thanks, all! It went well. After some recollecting, I realized that I had preached at this same church in 2006. I think it was actually the first time that I ever preached a Sunday service in Ukraine. Interestingly, I had coffee after today...'s service with some really nice young folks that our friend Valentyna Rudnieva introduced us to. It turns out that one of the guys - Sasha - was there when I preached in 2006 and remembered me and the theme of my sermon! He also remembered that at the end of the sermon, some of the team from our church prayed for people who needed healing. He was one of the ones who got prayed for and his leg was healed on the spot. It was also his first time visiting a church and he took his healing as a sign that this was to be his church. Now, he's a minister to young people in local schools and is very involved in his church. Praise God for amazing "coincidences"! ;-) BTW, if Andrew Dunham is reading this...that sermon in 2006 was when I had you come up and share your testimony. Remember? (It was MAD hot in the Filharmonia auditorium that day)."
*Sorry- no pics to go with this... had to hang with Solomiya in the lobby-area because she was getting loud :)

... is what we had for dinner. yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment